Media Relations Specialist
Duffy & Shanley, Inc. a fast-paced, premier integrated marketing communications agency based in Providence, RI is looking for an Account Executive in its public relations division to support consumer clients. The Account Executive will be focused on national media relations activities, specifically:
- Responsible for media relations programs for various consumer brands.
- Knows how to pitch and get “the story.”
- Day-to-day project management, taking an active and consistent role in program strategy and media materials.
- Developing relationships with clients to accommodate and better anticipate their needs; responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrating a team player attitude by being flexible and responsible; be a self-starter. Providing daily support for a busy team of PR professionals.
- Facilitating and coordinating various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Working with a team to prepare media materials including press releases, factsheets, media targets, etc.
- Coordinating special events and activities for clients.
- Develop, cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships with key members of the media and expand base of media relationships on behalf of the clients.
- Work within media deadlines
- Use insights and knowledge of our client’s priorities and reporter interests to develop creative approaches to amplify the client’s narrative through earned media to reach targeted audiences.
- Constantly dig for potential news angles and data to support opportunistic storytelling and uncovering media opportunities.
- Assist with the development and execution of proactive, reputation-building media engagements and campaigns.
- Assist with monthly metrics and evaluating best practices.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated media relations track record with proven successes.
- Experience in consumer PR.
- Media event planning and executing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of national, regional and local media landscapes.
- Knowledge of PR tools for tracking coverage, social results, etc.
- Confident self-starter, willing to lead various projects in an independent setting.
- Resourceful, diligent, and scrappy.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Travel required.
- Have a passion for public relations and media relations!
We are built on a team structure and are looking for candidates that would fit well in a united culture. Knowledge of other agency functions is a plus. Contact Annette Maggiacomo @ firstname.lastname@example.org.