Public Relations Account Executive
Duffy & Shanley, Inc. a fast-paced, premier integrated marketing communications agency based in Providence, RI is looking for an Account Executive in its public relations division to support consumer clients. We are built on a team structure and are looking for candidates that would fit well in a united culture. Knowledge of other agency functions is a plus. The Account Executive will be focused on national public relations activities, specifically:
Responsible for media relations programs for various consumer brands.
- Knows how to pitch and get “the story.”
- Day-to-day project management, taking an active and consistent role in program strategy and media materials.
- Developing relationships with clients to accommodate and better anticipate their needs; responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrating a team player attitude by being flexible and responsible; be a self-starter. Providing daily support for a busy team of PR professionals.
- Facilitating and coordinating various project elements; prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Working with a team to prepare media materials including press releases, factsheets, media targets, etc.
- Coordinating special events and activities for clients.
- Develop, cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships with key members of the media and expand base of media relationships on behalf of the clients.
- Work within media deadlines.
- Use insights and knowledge of our clients’ priorities and reporter interests to develop creative approaches to amplify the client’s narrative through earned media to reach targeted audiences.
- Constantly dig for potential news angles and data to support opportunistic storytelling and uncovering media opportunities.
- Assist with the development and execution of proactive, reputation-building media engagements and campaigns.
- Assist with monthly metrics and evaluating best practices.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated media relations track record with proven successes.
- Experience in consumer PR.
- Media event planning and executing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of national, regional and local media landscapes.
- Knowledge of PR tools for tracking coverage, social results, etc.
- Confident self-starter, willing to lead various projects in an independent setting.
- Resourceful, diligent, and scrappy.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required.
- Travel required.
- Have a passion for public relations and media relations!
We are built on a team structure and are looking for candidates that would fit well in a united culture. Knowledge of other agency functions is a plus. Contact Annette Maggiacomo @ email@example.com.
Duffy & Shanley is an equal opportunity employer.